Menu Close

What part of the curtain is the valance?

What part of the curtain is the valance?

A window valance (or pelmet in the UK) is a form of window treatment that covers the uppermost part of the window and can be hung alone or paired with other window blinds, or curtains. Valances are a popular decorative choice in concealing drapery hardware.

What are valances and swag?

So, what is the difference between a valance and a swag? A valance is simply a term that represents a top window treatment. A swag is a part of a valance. It’s a piece of fabric that’s usually pleated or gathered to create a half-circle shape. Some swags can also be flat.

Do you have to make a valance for curtains?

You may decide to make a valance to compliment the curtains that exist on the window. A valance also looks nice even if it is the only dressing on the window. Choose a color that matches the current curtains or go for something that pulls from other colors or patterns in the room.

What does valance stand for in window treatment?

Valance Is a V shaped piece of fabric, trimmed with tassel or beads that can be used free standing or as a top treatment over Panels or Poletops.

What kind of curtains do you use for window dressing?

Curtains and window valances are a popular option for dressing windows because they come in a variety of colors and weights. From sheer to heavy blackout curtains, your window dressings determine how much light gets into a room. Use heavy curtains for private rooms and lighter dressings for shared family rooms.

What are the dimensions of a shaped valance?

Shaped Valance. A shaped valance has a minimum inside finished drop and a maximum outside finished drop, such as the vertical measure at the side edges — for example, a crescent-shaped or arched valance with a short center and two long sides. These two measurements can have a difference of 5 to 7 inches between the minimum…